Restoring your skins natural volume just got easier with Juvederm at Wellness Med Art located in New York, NY. Juvederm is known as a safe and effective alternative method to diminishing the signs of facial fine lines and wrinkles, while also restoring the skin’s volume, resulting in a more radiant, smoother complexion!
What is Juvederm?
Juvéderm is a non-surgical, injectable dermal filler that treats areas of the face, specifically the cheeks lips and areas around the mouth. The filler contains Hyaluronic acid, which is a substance that naturally occurs in the human body, making Juvéderm a safe and natural option for many. Juvéderm comes in the consistency of a gel and is used for the treatment of moderate to severe wrinkles, creases and fine lines. It can also be used to volumize and sculpt the lips, giving it a fuller appearance.
What does Juvéderm treat?
- Moderate to severe facial wrinkles and creases
- Moderate to severe fine lines
- Volumize lips
The Juvederm family is available in a variety of formulas, allowing each individual to receive treatment specific to their concerns. Each formula is available in an XC version which contains lidocaine, a local anesthetic, allowing for a comfortable, pain-free procedure.
At Wellness Med Art we offer both Juvederm Ultra and Juvederm Ultra Plus.
What is JUVEDERM® Ultra XC?
JUVEDERM® Ultra XC injectable gel is a hyaluronic acid gel formulated with 0.3% lidocaine for a more comfortable patient experience. What makes Juvederm Ultra XC special? The new JUVEDERM® Ultra XC formulation is enhanced for patient comfort. You can now get the smoothness you expect, with the improved comfort you want.
How does it work?
The Juvederm Ultra XC gel is injected into areas of facial tissue where moderate to severe wrinkles and folds occur (most often around the nose and mouth). The injected gel adds immediate volume and restores a smoother appearance to the face with the NEW added comfort of 0.3% Lidocaine! What should I know before my treatment? You should stop taking aspirin, ibuprofen and fish oil supplements for 2 weeks prior to injection, to decrease your risk of bruising at injection site.
Juvederm Ultra Plus XC
What is JUVEDERM® Ultra Plus XC?
JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus XC injectable gel is a colorless hyaluronic acid gel that contains a small quantity of local anesthetic (lidocaine) and is injected into facial tissue to smooth wrinkles and folds, especially around the nose and mouth. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring sugar found in the human body.
What Juvederm Ultra Plus is Best For?
- Significant Lip Enhancement – The ability to fill more effectively makes Juvederm Ultra Plus the best option for those that want dramatic results.
- Deeper wrinkles – Juvederm Ultra Plus was designed to go deeper into the skin to fill out more severe wrinkles.
- Naso-labial folds – Again, Juvederm Ultra Plus outperforms when it comes to correcting naso-labial folds because it’s thicker and goes deeper into the dermis.
- Areas with greater volume loss – Because of its thicker consistency and cross-linking Juvederm Ultra Plus works better for those that have significant volume loss. This makes it the better option for filling out areas like the cheeks.
- Facial Shaping – Unlike Juvederm Ultra, Juvederm Ultra Plus is injected into the fat layers, which is ideal for facial shaping.
What should I expect after my treatment?
- After the procedure there is minimal recovery or downtime.
- You should see an immediate improvement in the treatment areas
- Most patients need one treatment to achieve optimal wrinkle smoothing.
- One treatment could smooth your lines and wrinkles for up to 1 year! However, results may vary and correction is temporary. Supplemental treatments may be required to achieve and maintain optimal results.
- Risks include bruising at site of injections.
What are the benefits to Juvéderm in NYC?
Our patients have experienced many benefits from a Juvéderm treatment including:
- Immediate results
- Long-lasting results ranging from 6 months up to 1 year, depending on the type of treatment received
- No downtime
- Quick – procedures are quick, ranging from 15 to 20 minutes
- Safe – the use of Hyaluronic acid makes Juvéderm a safe and non-allergic option for many
- Pain free – Each Juvéderm formula is available in an XC version containing Lidocaine
Are there any side effects?
After a Juvéderm treatment, patients normally exhibit minor side effects around the treated area including:
- Slight swelling
- Minor pain
- Lumps or bumps
However, these side effects should subside within less than a week.
Post-treatment it is recommended for patients to avoid strenuous activities, alcohol, excessive heat exposure such as saunas and hot showers as well as sun exposure for 24 hours, as these activities may cause increase bleeding and bruising.
Juvéderm is not recommended for individuals with enlarged scars such as Keloids or women who are pregnant or breast feeding.
Book your Consultation!
If you would like to learn more about Juvederm, then call or stop by Wellness Med Art located in New York, NY. A treatment of Juvederm can safely and effectively treat facial fine lines and wrinkles, revealing a refreshed and more youthful appearance. Book your consultation today to regain that youthful glow!