Juvederm Voluma™ XC
What is Juvéderm™ Voluma™?
Juvederm™ Voluma™ is the latest of the Juvederm range of hyaluronic acid fillers specifically designed to restore volume in areas of volume loss. Common areas include the cheeks, cheekbones, and chin. Additionally, it is also suitable for adding definition to the jaw line.
What makes Juvederm Voluma XC special?
This is the first product approved by the FDA to safely, effectively and instantly restore volume to the cheek area. If time is a concern, this product is an excellent alternative to cosmetic surgery. Almost no downtime is required; you’ll be able to resume normal activity within 24 hours of the treatment. Results are subtle and immediate, and last for up to two years. Juvederm Voluma is recommended for patients over 21 years of age
What should I know before my treatment?
Patients with known allergies to lidocaine or hyaluronic acid should inform the medical professional prior to the treatment. Lidocaine is a local anesthetic that increases your comfort during the procedure. Hyaluronic acid is a modified polysaccharide that works to moisturize and soften your skin. Since it is a protein, a few patients have reported allergic reactions to the ingredient. You should stop taking aspirin, ibuprofen and fish oil supplements for 2 weeks prior to injection, to decrease your risk of bruising at injection site.
What should I expect after my treatment?
- After the procedure there is minimal recovery or downtime.
- You should see an immediate improvement in the treatment areas.
- Most patients need one treatment to achieve optimal wrinkle smoothing.
- One treatment could smooth your lines and wrinkles for up to 1 year! However, results may vary and correction is temporary. Supplemental treatments may be required to achieve and maintain optimal results.
- Risks include bruising at site of injections.